Monday, March 25, 2013

O Spring, Where Art Thou?

 photo firstdayofSpring--HVD-1.png

A wind chill of below freezing for our sixth day of spring caused me to dig up this quote and picture. The seasons in the south are always just a bit off, but it seems like this spring is being tardy for everyone! Instead of enjoying popsicles on warm afternoons, I have friends sharing pictures of making snow-cream with their kids. There are pieces of every season that I love dearly. I love the rebirth and freshness of spring. Summer is probably my least favorite just because I am not a fan of our hot, humid weather, but I do enjoy watching my kids play in the pool and a cold glass of lemonade under a shade tree. Fall's colors light up my heart with the cozy feeling of love and family as the holidays near, and I love to share a cold winter's night with a fire warming our hands and hearts.

As the season has changed on the calendar but not so much on the weather man's report, it made me think of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


While we mark the beginning and end of a season on our calendars because those are the dates told to us by men studying the earth's relationship to the sun, this spring reminds me that God is the true author of our calendar. In our lives we will have a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, just as the scripture says. The times to weep may last longer than we would like. Our tears may continue to fall even when we pray for a change in the season of our life. We must always remember, the seasons of our environment, just as the seasons of our life, are planned by our Heavenly Father, and He has a purpose and a blessing for each one.



Denise In Bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment