Monday, March 18, 2013

My Compass

Lately my life has felt like a broken compass. My sense of direction and focus are spinning so quickly that I barely know which way is up. With so many changes on the horizon for me and my family, I have initiated a time of taking stock in my life. Over the weekend I found myself sinking, falling into a dark place where stress and life events were pulling me into a pit and stripping me of my gravity, my peace, my joy.


 photo 248917_4571624929784_1161390527_n-1.jpg

It stopped me cold in my tracks for a moment as I realized what I was allowing to happen. Yes, I was allowing my joy to be taken away by situations around me. This quote about joy speaks volumes to my heart. For the past few years I have felt like there is more that I am supposed to be doing. No, not more items to put on my to-do list, but different items. As spring is trying so hard to bring bright colors and warm rays to our lives, I am taking this time to take stock. I want to do, be, share and spend more time with what brings me joy. I want my life to be about soaking up all the moments of joy I can before they fade away. I do believe there will always be joy to be found in every stage of life, but I don't want to miss the moments of joy in my life right now.

Short of our salvation, those two souls in that picture are God's greatest gift to my husband and I. They bring me great joy. They are full of life and personality and no darkness exists in their presence. I feel God calling me to be the woman, wife, mother, friend He wants me to be, and I feel the changes coming are going to be exactly what He requires of me to fulfill those duties.

I am excited.

I am nervous.

I am joyful.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you, I hear you every stage of life is full of unknowns but gratitude and joy are always with in reach. nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment and for reading my trying-hard-to-get-off-the-ground blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete