Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Counting Blessings


I once was a worrier.

Oh, how I wish I could make that statement with complete truthfulness. More accurately would be, I once was much more of a worrier. Worries are like darkness in my life growing fields of little stress-filled mushrooms. During times in my life, as with all of us, the darkness is abundant and the fungus of stress threatens to take over our garden of life.

Laura Story's "Blessings" is playing as I''m writing these, and she poses the question of what if these trials, these raindrops, these worries, are truly blessings. Worry robs our blessings is what I've always been told, but I believe God can turn our worries to blessings if we continue to have faith. We will always worry. We're human, and that is our nature, but it is when that situation that we have seen as darkness, as something causing strife and stress in our life is seen under the light of God's glory in His perfect timing that we see it for what it really is... a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment